Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 7: Reading Diary B

Yay time for celebration! I can't believe the exile is finally over and Rama is back to his kingdom! I enjoyed reading the end of the epic because it was filled with joy and happiness. When Hanuman passes the news of Rama returning to Bharata was probably my favorite scene because the descriptions throughout that scene were very sentimental and emotional. I almost cried when I was reading that whole bit because it was full of happiness and joy of his brother's return and him finally moving on. I also enjoyed reading the birth of Lava and Kusha because it's our epic couple's babies and that is a big deal! I adore their names and I am sure they are very cute in person! Diwali, the festival of lights makes a lot more sense after reading why it is celebrated because as a family we all celebrate this festival with lot of lights and fireworks and it is a beautiful festival. I enjoyed reading the way the whole town welcomed Rama and how they celebrated Diwali together with their children, just such a happy ending! Unfortunately, I hated the part when Lakshmana dies for the most silliest reason but I guess that had to happen for not following rules. Yet another exile for Rama, I am sure he will succeed yet again and come back to his lady love, Sita. What a wrap to this epic, I must say Buck's version was more fun to read and understand because of his detailed descriptions. Can't wait for Mahabharata! 

No comments:

Post a Comment