This has been my favorite section of Buck's version of the book so far! I think he does a great job of describing the whole scene of how Rama decides to rescue Sita himself and how all the other characters are involved in helping him out. The building of the bridge to Lanka was something I am super fascinated about because this particular scene shows how great Rama really is and how all the people around respect him. I thought it was cute that the squirrels also helped build the bridge, it all sounds fictional but I can't imagine it being real. I wish I could talk and have animals help me out, I think that would be so cool! Finally, I get to introduce my other character for my storybook, Nala. I think he is super generous and very helpful throughout the building of bridge for Rama. I think both Rama and Nala have similar qualities of being great warriors! Vibhishana gave Ravana the warning about giving Sita back to Rama but unfortunately Ravana does not listen and loses his son, Indrajit. I thought this whole scene was sad to read and digest because it's hard to lose a son for such a stupid mistake. Only If Ravana listened to Vibhishana, he could have had his son alive. The whole battle was pretty intense and Lakshmana does not miss the opportunity and kills Indrajit with hard effort. The whole idea of magicians was pretty interesting to read and learn about. I wish I could have all these supernatural powers and do whatever I want with them! I mean I think that is pretty much the coolest thing ever! So far the epic is very detailed compared to the other book and as usual I enjoyed reading it so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment