I really enjoyed reading this section of the epic through Buck's version because he mentions new things that Narayan did not touch on in his book. I enjoyed how he described the abduction of Sita and how the golden deer was transformed and the whole chase of Rama was very intense and told beautifully. It was sad when Rama and Lakshmana came back and Sita was gone that whole scene was described with such pain and as I was reading I could feel that pain. I could sense the affection and love Rama had for Sita through that one scene. I think Sita is not just a pretty women but also a smart one. She dropped her jewelry hoping that Rama or anyone that knew her would find out the way Ravana took her off too. Ravana is just pure evil. When he cannot have Sita or do anything to her why bring her and face his death with Rama. All he wanted was more women to sleep with. I'm glad Ravana got cursed by Nalakubara because he is evil and not a nice man. He deserved it and I am glad Sita is safe from him for now. I also enjoyed reading about Rama and Savari's conversation about how Ravana took Sita away and introducing Rama to the two monkeys and Hanuman. The end of this reading was pretty much the same as read before. Vali's death and the journey to Lanka. I must say Hanuman and Jambavan are my favorite so far because they are not afraid of anything, they never give up!
No comments:
Post a Comment