Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 5: Reading Dairy A

Whoa what a wrap to this section of the tale! I must say I am quite impressed with Buck's detailed descriptions of each specific scene in the epic. I feel like these tiny details are what make the epic a little more interesting than just reading in normally. I enjoyed reading about Bharata and how he respects Rama and does not trust his mother, Kaikeyi. She had evil intentions and was being selfish but her son is quite a noble man. I respect how Bharata decided to do what was right and obeyed the older people's advice over Kaikeyi's wishes. I think this quality of his sure proves that he is related to Rama. After finding Rama and obeying Rama's wishes he proves to be the king of Ayodhya for just a little while. I also enjoyed the minor details about Rama and Sita's lovely gestures through their journey in the forest. I am picking up on all the minor details of them because it is so romantic and simply divine chemistry between the two. I like how Rama and Lakshmana save Sita from Viradha and how Buck describes Viradha makes the reading more real and lively. I wouldn't ever want to have  someone get inside my body and do wrong things that would just be horrible! Although Buck's descriptions are very detailed, I didn't find his introduction of Ravana very descriptive. He didn't really concentrate on his emotions when his sister was describing Sita and I don't think her descriptions of Sita were as appealing as Narayan's version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment