Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 3: Reading Dairy A

Today's reading had many emotions mixed in together along with major events that took place. Firstly, I was irritated with Ravana's personality and how his sister portrayed his evil and cunning qualities just as him was not surprising at all! They both were evil and had bad intentions which indeed lead them to bad karma in the end. I enjoyed reading how he had the power to control the day and the weather which I thought was not fair for the people of the town. I already dislike the villain more than I should.
Secondly, I found it interesting how the relationship between Ravana and his sister was compared to Rama and his brother. It was a completely opposite sibling affection. Here, Lakshman tends to always  look after his brother and always cautions him whereas Soorpanaka on the other hand is giving false ideas to brother just to get her prize sorted out. Also, the affection between Rama and Sita was definitely felt and shown to be powerful and eternal.
Finally, the highlight of the story when Ravana fools Sita and takes her away from Rama was the climax. I liked how all the various birds and monkeys played a huge role in helping both Rama and Sita to avoid danger. I sometimes wish I had animals and powers to do what they can do during this tale. Also, the concept of forgiveness and patience was clearly highlighted in the last few segments of the story. Especially the battle with Vali and the relationship between those two brothers and how a slight misunderstanding led to his death.
Despite all the various concepts highlighted in this reading, my favorite part was when Rama does not ever lose control or emotion throughout such hardship. He helps Sugreeva get his wife back shows how much he respects friendship and marriage. Also, when he tells Lakshman not to jump into negative assumptions when he doesn't hear back from Hanuman or Sugreeva shows how good of a person he is and how he always sees the good in people. He is my hero for life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment