Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 3: Reading Dairy B

Woah what an ending to the tale! I loved reading this last part of Ramayana. So many events took place in this reading and all of them struck a chord with me. I have to mention Hanuman, the monkey because he is my absolute favorite! I want his powers of getting bigger when needed and becoming smaller when needed I think that's a power I would want to have. I thought he was the only character that had such a huge role throughout this battle for Rama and helping find Sita and getting rid of Ravana. 

Also, I found it interesting how all of the people helped build the bridge with rocks in order to get to Sita and get her back from evil Ravana. The most sad part while reading was when Ravana lit Hanuman's tail on fire. Hanuman no less burned the whole Lanka which was very heroic! 
Another interesting scene that caught my attention was when Rama and Sita both used Hanuman as the messenger to let each other know they are save and still love each other I thought that was a great sign of affection even though they were far away from one another. 

I was happy that Ravana was finally killed and Rama got Sita back for himself and the overall battle ended as I wanted it to end. It is always a happy feeling when the hero gets his heroine and the villain deserves what he is suppose to. But, I didn't like that Rama doubted Sita for not being pure and she had to prove to him that she was by jumping into the fire. This scene shows how pure and divine their relationship is and how much love they have for one another. 

Finally after fourteen long years, Rama returns to Ayodhya for good which being great joy and happiness for the people and their families. I did some further reading and found out that Sita has twins and names them Lava and Kusha, I mean how cute! I enjoyed reading The Ramayana, what a epic tale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment