Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 7: Reading Diary A

Wow what a wrap towards the end of the epic! I must say Buck's detailed descriptions throughout this epic have been on point and made the whole epic more interesting to read and imagine all the various events in the epic and the character's emotions. I enjoyed reading this section of the book because it had a lot going on. Firstly, Ravana's various attempts to get rid of Rama clearly didn't work out and he tried his hardest to achieve all the powers but in the end failed to do so. I think Ravana's infamous number of heads growing back up was something new to me! I think that is super cool and tricky at the same time. I am sure Rama must have been super frustrated when he thought he got his head but it grew back up. Nonetheless, Rama finally kills Ravana for good and returns back to Ayodhya on time before Bharata kills himself. Rama keeps his promise that he gave his brother and also Hanuman finds Sita and Sita's morals are tested in fire. I thought this whole scene was not fair for Sita especially when Rama and Sita are known for their divine love but I guess thats the practical thing to do in Rama's perception. Overall, this version was a better detailed layout of the epic and it was more interesting to read and comprehend than the other version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment