Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 9: Reading Diary B

Wow what a game of dice! I must say I was really excited and interested in reading what exactly happened in the game of dice. As I was first reading, I wasn't sure what really was happening, I thought it was just a game being played for fun but I reread the pages again and then understood that it was to grab pandavas attention along with Draupadi's as well. I must say I found the game of dice similar to poker game because of how intense it was and instead of losing money it was losing dignity. I think it was pretty cool that her sari kept on going non stop. I now finally understand the story behind the infamous Draupadi sari picture. I have been running into that picture since forever but now it makes more sense and why its so long. I thought this whole scene was described in such detail and emotion. I feel bad for Draupadi and her husbands to have to go through all this embarrassment but I guess after all it was not all shame. Urvashi and Arjuna's love scene was quite appealing and interesting because Arjuna rejects her which I thought was new. I love the name Urvashi, I remember one of my neighbor's name was that and she also danced really well. Overall, I think the epic is picking up some drama and building up a lot of suspense and emotions. Can't wait to read more about Krishna and Radha though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment