Woah! What a wrap to this epic! I am quite surprised how short the epic was! I didn't feel like it was as long as Ramayana. I always knew Mahabharata was the epic with more fights and blood compared to Ramayana so I thought it would be longer but I guess it was a shortened version of it! I didn't enjoy reading much about the battle and the killing but what did grab my attention was Krishna's leadership role throughout the epic. I think he has done a great job and definitely reminds me of Rama. Hastinapura sounded familiar when I was reading and I remembered that name because my grandmother use to visit this place all the time and I didn't know why she would make such a big deal about it until now! I'll make sure I tell her about this place next time I see her! Not going to lie but the scene when Bhima kills Duhshasana and drinks his blood is probably one of the most disturbing events I have come across. What is the point of drinking the blood? The end of this epic is really sad and I could not believe the death of Krishna pretty much led to the death of all the others. How does the man of the epic get killed by a hunter? Isn't that stupid? I wish Krishna lived on forever and ever. I thought the ending was sad and not fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment