Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 11: Reading Diary B


I am glad I decided to read Buck's version because he seems to make more sense with every scene from the epic. I think it does help reading different authors' versions of books because I feel like I can comprehend the material in a much better way. I really enjoyed reading the scene of Draupada begging for a son to defeat Drona. I think that scene was really nicely described and explained because I was quite lost in the other version regarding this scene. Not going to lie but I wasn't bored reading the whole swayamwara scene over again. I think that’s because the minor details throughout this scene made the whole scene much interesting. I think the details throughout this scene like how exactly Draupadi felt regarding the whole ceremony and I think a lot of attention was given only to Arjuna and him being the one everyone wanted to win regardless of him being a Brahmin. I think that was kind of different in this book versus the old one. I did enjoy reading it differently because it gave me a different perspective. But unfortunately, Arjuna falls in love with Subhadra that was new to me or maybe I don't remember this part in the old book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment