I am so excited to start reading the Mahabharata. I have heard so many stories as a child about Krishna, Draupadi, Pandavas and many more characters from this epic and I am excited to finally learn more about them and why they were so popular. I must say I am quite confused with how all the characters played out in the epic. I can't believe someone would let their own babies drown in the river! I mean isn't that painful? I guess after figuring out that doing this will send them to heaven is pretty meaningful. I can't believe she was Ganga, I think that is pretty cool, I mean falling in love with the Holy Ganges. Since, I come from a Brahmin family, I was quite familiar with the pandavas and how they were actually Brahmins and had similar characteristics. I think karma is a real thing after all, what goes around comes around. In the case of Draupadi, she loses her husband and wishes to have a new husband soon in her life and little does she know she has five husbands now not just one. I think that is really crazy that back in the day marrying sons or having intercaste marriages was not a big deal, I mean nowadays that is serious topic because of bad genes and weird characteristics but I guess back then it wasn't a big deal to have children to whomever and sharing a wife between five people. Overall, I find the beginning of the book to be slightly confusing with who is marrying who and who has children with who. Hopefully, as I continue to read more I will understand and get the grasp of it all. I finally get to meet Krishna, my favorite of them all. I can't wait to find out more about his character and his lady love, Radha.
No comments:
Post a Comment