Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary Assessment

I really enjoyed doing this assignment because it helped me keep a track of what exactly was happening in the book and it also helped me better understand the story while taking notes as I was reading the book. I think I would recommend future students who take this class to take really good notes because it will help me prepare for the storytelling assignment as well as storybook project details. I always looked back to my reading dairies to get some of the details that I might not quickly find in the book. I think it is very beneficial for quick reference as well as future reference if one ever needs to find something from the book. I specifically only took notes that I found interesting as well as keeping in mind what I would need for my storybook project. I also compared the two authors in most of my diaries because that helped me take more detailed notes for one book compared to the other. I will definitely use my diaries for quick details and facts for my storybook project as well as compare how my writing has improved throughout the semester when I am almost done with the course. I think going over my old diaries will help me take better notes in the future as well as improve on my writing skills. As I went through my diaries so far, I could definitely improve on taking more detailed notes because I still had to go back to the book to refer to some specific character, so I plan on taking better notes in my diaries from now on. I definitely made connections to real life events and the events that took place in the book because it helped me understand the meaning of the event more than before. Reading and taking notes at the same time has definitely helped me understand the material better.

No comments:

Post a Comment