Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1 Introduction: A Little Bit About Me And My Life.

Hi everyone! I am Keerti Chaturvedula. I am currently a senior at OU, graduating this december with a major in MDS focusing on medical sciences and hoping to become a physician someday! I am quite excited to be graduating but then I am not because I am stepping into the real world and I'm not going to lie its pretty scary! I find it hard to believe that my college life is coming to an end and I need to start figuring out my career soon! It's sad but then I am excited to see what all things I get to experience and learn through this new chapter of my life!

I am a typical girly girl who likes to shop, hang out with friends and just have a good time all the time! I enjoy spending time with my friends because they always make me forget the stress in school and just lighten up my day for at least a couple hours! I love fashion and I am obsessed with shoes and cloths like all girls but maybe a little too much than others. I hope to have my own clothing line one day after I am done serving all the people I can during my medicine days. I also enjoy spending time with my dad because he is my hero and my strength for anything and everything. I feel blessed to have him not only as a father but also as my best friend!

This semester is my last semester at OU it's sad but it is my easiest semester throughout my college life! I am quite excited about this class because though my family is from India I don't know much about the history and I would love to learn about it more and make my dad happy! I have visited India many times but I don't know much about the culture or the overall history and I am quite excited to learn that this semester! I'm also taking some upper division biology classes for medical school and I am not going to lie they are hard but very interesting which makes it fun to learn!

I am a huge fan of traveling! I have travelled almost all over the world but they are some places I have not been to so I would love to go to those places sometime in the near future! After graduation I have plans to travel to India once again and visit my family and also visit Singapore and maybe Australia! So I am quite excited for this semester, graduation and after graduation plans!
Always stay happy
Add caption

14 comments:

  1. Hi Keerti! By the way, just wanted to start off and say how pretty and unique your name is, I love it! Anyways, when I first went to your page and saw the picture you attached, right off the bat I noticed that I smiled. I already felt that you are such a wonderful person to be around! After reading through, besides being amazed by your career decision and how you're almost done with school, I think that's amazing that you want to learn more about your culture and its history! Not very many people of other cultures (or at least youth) are interested in learning about where they came from and the hundreds of thousands of years before that. So good for you and I look forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Keerti it is great to meet you sort of...so the medical field, I wish I had the talent to do that because I have always had an interest in helping people, though unfortunately I am cursed with brain that is equipt to read chaucer and not pathagarym (I hope that is spelled right) so it is for the best that I stay out of the medical field....is there particular med school you would like to attend? Well at any rate I hope you find satisfaction in whichever area you decide to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have been to India, Keerti - I am jealous!!! I have been to Syria and Turkey... but that's as far east as I have gotten - I have never had the chance to go to India. I really hope that SOMEDAY I will get to do that. Maybe in your Storybook for class you could find a way to build on your experiences while traveling in India: temples you saw, legends associated with those places, the geography... there are so many ways in which the stories of India are connected with the land, with the place itself. That can be a wonderful topic to explore, and there are all kinds of websites online with information like that - travel websites, for example. And even Wikipedia has all kinds of information about local legends, like the legend of the demon brothers Vatapi and Ilvala and how they gave their names to the Badami Hills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keerti! I think it is so cool that you are from India! I would absolutely love to go to India, and have actually already looking into it to study abroad next year! I love meeting new people who have traveled to different countries and getting to hear their experiences. I also think it is awesome that you plan to be a physician one day. I want to be an occupational therapist, so I also share your passion for wanting to help people. I also share your fear of entering the real world... Although I am only a junior, I feel like in a blink of an eye I will be graduated, and that is a scary thing! Anyways, it was really great to read about your post, and I hope to hear about some of your experiences in India!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keerti, I am really jealous of you right now because you have been to India, the last time I went was when I was seven and don’t remember anything but a little white dog chasing me, so now I’m scared of dogs. I also think my dad is my hero just because without him I wouldn’t be here or have any of the things we take for granted. I think it would be really interesting to go into a cloth line business after medicine, it would be a huge change of career. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Keerti, I'm Catherine. It is nice to meet you. I too am a senior this year (although I graduate in May), I completely understand what you are saying about being sad that school is almost over. I just started to look for jobs, and it is crazy to think I will be out in the "real world" sooner rather than later. I think it is incredible that you are taking this class, to learn a little bit more about your heritage. Some day I would like to travel to India, and I think it is great that you have already been there many times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Keerti! I totally understand what you are going through. Even though I am just a junior, I am trying to get my application and shadowing hours done for dental school and it is scary even thinking about what I am going to be doing once I am done with college. The stress about getting into dental school always gets to me, but I try to make the best of it right now and just enjoy the days in college that I have left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Keerti. I noticed that the title of your blog is Keer and it made me wonder if that's what you prefer to go by. Anyway, I think that it's really cool that you're from India. I'm also pursuing a pre-med degree and I can attest to the difficulty of some of those biology courses, so I wish you luck in your studies. I enjoyed getting to know a little bit about you and look forward to reading your posts throughout the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on graduating this semester! I am so jealous. Are you applying to medical schools or are you planning on taking a gap year? Wow, having hopes of starting a clothing line after running a medical practice seems like a lot of work with not a lot of time left to invest in it! My dad is my best friend too! Love that guy. You are very lucky to have traveled all over the world! You are a terrific writer and I look forward to you future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Keerti. I'm a senior too, graduating in the spring, and I have absolutely no clue what I'm gonna do after college, lol. Stepping up into the real world can seem scary, but at least it sounds like you've got a good plan and a nice career for your future. I think it's great that you're learning more about the culture of your heritage. I'm a religion major, and I've studied the religions (and thus, part of the culture) of India in several classes, but I've never been! Jealous! Hope you're doing well in all your classes, only half a semester left and then you're free!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Keerti! I love the image you used for your introduction! It is so cute! I also like how colorful your background is. My background is pink as well! I feel like we both like to do a lot of the same things because I am for sure a girly girl as well. Good luck with graduating in a couple months and all of your future endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Keerti! It's crazy to think that your time at OU is coming to an end. I'll be graduating in May so I understand what you are going through. I can't believe how quickly 4 years have flown by and now the real world is about to hit me head on. That is so cool that you have been to India multiple times. I also really enjoy to travel and I am actually planning on going to Europe this summer on a back packing trip for graduation. Hope your semester continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the picture you used! This is my last semester as well, and I'm both excited and terrified of way lay beyond my undergrad life. I love traveling too. I really want to go traveling with my best friend soon, but we need to learn how to save up money first. Anyway, good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Keerti! First off I want to say that I love your background you chose for your blog, like you told us in your intro you have a girly side and I think this is a great example of that. I'm glad to hear this semester is so easy going for you since it is your senior year, seems like it's been hard every semester leading up to this year to me! I think I'm just ready to graduate as well. I love that you are taking this class to learn more about your culture.. And that you have been to India. It seems like such a great country rich with color and personality. I also think the fashion there is so intricate and your love for fashion is something I relate to!

    ReplyDelete