Mount Kailasa and the story of Savitri were the highlights of this part of the epic. I really enjoyed the details on how Buck expresses Mount Kailasa and the significance of this place. Hanuman's introduction here and how he blocks Bhima's path is described so well and it made the whole scene more interesting to read and understand exactly what was going on here compared to Narayan's version. If I could go back in time I would love to see this lotus lake sometime! I think it sounds so beautiful and exciting. I have seen many of these in India when I visited but seeing them as described here in the scene would be magnificent. I thought the scene where Indra teaches Arjuna about the divine weapons was really interesting. I wish I could use divine weapons like that and use them for my advantage. I really like Arjuna for some reason maybe because he has a good heart and never wanted to do the wrong thing. I enjoyed reading the conversation between Yama and Savitri as well I thought that was portrayed really well and the conversation was described in great detail. What a sacrifice by Savitri for her husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment